Thursday, June 25, 2009

Yak Hauler

I decided that since the Yak Hauler (my jeep) is now going to be more responsible then its occasional trip to my Moms, Sheboygan and the couple of block journeys to school, when I can’t ride my bike, I should probably get it in for some general maintenance. Then I get the call that the repairs are going to be in the area of two thousand dollars. After picking myself up off the floor and realizing that I don’t remember the last time I did anything to it short of changing the oil I decided to have it repaired. It turned out the brakes were getting bad and the ball joints were shot. Because of the bad ball joints the tires were wearing funny and since I was going to replace them in the fall I decide to change them now. There were a couple other incidentals but for the most part it should now be road worthy and ready to take on the challenge of hauling yaks to wherever our whims lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment