Sunday, June 28, 2009

Lessons

Day 8 (6/26/09)
Today we went back to Waldo. Our goal was to make it up river past the bridge on County Rd N. We made it but didn’t get to much farther before we would cut our way through one set of fallen trees only to encounter another. We did learn some lessons though. Second, I learned that, although it is nice to stay in your Kayak, sawing in your Kayak makes a very big mess. In the future, especially when it is this nice and warm, I will get out of the Kayak to do my sawing. Third, Eileen learned that if you lose your hat, don’t turn around in your Kayak and try to snag it. You end up wet. Forth, Crocs rule! They may be ugly and dangerous around escalators but when it comes to kayaking, especially in a river where you sometimes have to get out in the water they have to be the perfect footwear. It was another great day. The weather was perfect and except for the horseflies which were a constant annoyance everything went great. Oh, I take that back, everything went great after Eileen went back home to get the paddles which I had taken out when I took the jeep in for servicing. Let’s call that the first lesson learned. We have now made a checklist for before we go.

1 comment:

  1. That 2nd photo is awesome - I'm alive and well in Mazatlan:)

    ReplyDelete