Monday, June 8, 2009

Maiden Voyage

Day 1 (6/5/09)
Tonight we went on our maiden voyage. Like so many things in our life it was on a whim. When I got home from school the weather was beautiful so we decide to go down to the big pond (Lake Michigan) and give them a try. Although the lake was not really rough it defiantly was not smooth either. On my first attempt backing out, to steal a saying, my kayak “rolled over like a friendly dog”. On my second attempt, however, everything went smoothly. I was surprised at how warm the water was. Perhaps since the wind had been coming in from the east for a couple of days it had brought the warm water over. At any rate, it wasn’t bad at all. Eileen had no trouble at all and we decided her tri hull was the perfect design for her. From then on we were giddy as school girls. It was great. We soon had our sea legs or ass as the case may be and were going up and down the shoreline. I wish I would have had a camera it was absolutely beautiful. To the west the sun was setting and to the east the moon was rising. The clouds were shades of violet against a blue sky. I am not sure if it was coincidence but once we were back on shore it just didn’t seem to have the same luster. I am afraid we are hooked. If it is not to cold we are going out in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment