Sunday, June 28, 2009

Gerber Lake

Day 9 (6/28/09)
When I went looking for a kayak I wanted one that would double as a fishing vehicle. Today we decided to try out that feature. I had cast from it before but not anywhere I really expected to catch fish. We headed for Gerber Lake, a small inland lake north of Plymouth that I had been to a couple of times before. After yesterdays, forgetting of the paddles, we were well prepared. There are actually two small lakes connected by a strait. I wanted to show Eileen the whole thing so we immediately went to the farthest lake. Most of today’s photos are from Eileen because I was busy fishing. Within the first couple of cast I caught a little northern. Maybe ten minutes later I hooked into the “big one”. Record book speaking it probably wasn’t that big, I am guessing about six to ten pounds, but for me in a kayak it seemed like a monster. It pulled me around quite a bit before I was able to land it. Fortunately Eileen was there to get some pictures before I set it free. Eileen had fun just exploring and photographing the lake. We both decided it was, a must return to, spot.

2 comments:

  1. Again my friend I love the pictures of the wood. Glad you are getting out in the ponds:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Nice fish! That seems like a real adventure!

    ReplyDelete