Monday, July 6, 2009

Red Cedar River

Day 10 continued (7/3/09)
Continuing with our theme of “You can do it all”, this afternoon we took the kayaks down the Red Cedar River. It was shallower then we had hoped but much faster then anything we had been on in the past. With another inch or two of water it would be really great. There were no spots where we had to get out but there were a couple where we had to kind of pole our way through. Given the number of riffles and small rapids it would be a blast in higher water. That being said it went much faster then we anticipated. I only had a couple of chances to fish before I was swept down another fast stretch. I will need an anchor or get out of the kayak if I want to do much fishing. I did manage to get several strikes and one small largemouth bass. It is definitely a must do again situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment