Thursday, June 30, 2011

Yak Cam

Day 3 (6/29/11)

Yak Cam
Again we decided to get an early start and go to Hingham this time. It was a beautiful day and I was excited about trying my new “Yak cam”. I had purchased a bendable tripod that I could mount on the rod holder of my console. It worked perfectly. It was right in front of me so that I could easily operate it and stable enough to get very little wobble. If I was going to fish I would have to come up with another idea. As usual we worked our way up through the flowage to get to the river where the fun really begins. Once you make the turn away from the last house on the lake and entered the river a sense of peace flows over you. More than any other place we go to Hingham really emphasizes the contrast between populated and non-populated areas. You are consumed with watching the wildlife and nature around you. We hadn’t gone far when we came across a beaver with a mouth full of sticks. I tried to get some video of it but as soon as I got close it disappeared under the surface. Around the next corner Eileen kicked up a deer but again wasn’t fast enough to get a photo. She said it was starting to get antlers. It must have run up the river a ways because it sure made a lot of noise. It was hard to turn around and come home but to go on would have taken some major portaging. So we worked our way back down river to civilization.


Turn Around

Working our way to the River

First Cairn

I love this Photo

Twin Cairn

Cairn

Bridge at the end of the line.


No comments:

Post a Comment